Finding your sense of wonder
There is no shortage of ways to view your competition nowadays. LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…need I mention more? It’s a great thing to follow others in your field to stimulate your work, but it’s also easy to get caught up in their work that you lose your own sense of creativity. So how do you take the great work their doing, stay motivated and not lose your sense of wonder? We’ve got you covered!
First and foremost, remember that your thirst for success isn’t going away that easy! Stay true to your vision, and what your willing to do to get it. Make notes of your goals and revisit it from time to time or when you’re feeling down. Easier said than done. We know.
Here are a few tips to not lose the YOU in your business:
1) Focus on your own successes. Whether daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly, make lists of the accomplishments you and your business have made. Big or small, each positive step is a step in the right direction.
2) Let others inspire you. It’s okay to check out competitors work! It’s even better if you can gain motivation from that.
3) Befriend competitors. Just because their business may be more successful at the moment doesn’t mean they are out to get you. Chances are they’re as nice and hardworking as you are and have dealt with the same struggles you’re going through as a new entrepreneur. They can end up being a friend and mentor for ages.
4) Learn, read, repeat. Make it a habit to continually learn about the new trends in your field, what others are doing, and how you can better yourself. You’re never too old to learn new things.
5) Breathe. Remind yourself that everyone starts somewhere and as long as you’re giving it your very best, then there’s nothing you should feel bad about. As they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day!